Sunday, December 6, 2009

Couldn resist


Thankgiving I had a bit of a bump on the trail, and I thought I got away with a knot on my head and a purple eye, witha a bit of a thump in my chest.
Not so.
Well, it turned out the pain in my chest only got worst, and after a couple sleepless nights, I went to the Clinik and confirmed the worst; I had 3 broken ribs. When I pinballed about on the snowgo, I had my knee shoved up near my nose and my hip bone felt like it went under my ribs. I bound them and with a couple loud snaps, the relief of having them back in place was soon gone as dull pain with each breath came on. 
There wasnt much they could do, so They gave me codine and told me to take a couple weeks off. 
This morning I felt good enough to go ride that snowgo and spring my traps, as the wife and I wont be around t o check them or care for the fur.
Came home with two fox and a Beaver I caught in an Otter trap :D

 Then I bumpe'd into 50 or so Caribou and caught two.

Slow work and a short pull of the rope with the snowgo to get them on the sled, and all was quite well.

Least Im getting better!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your doing better with the ribs! Nice take on the two Caribou! Should provide for some good eats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your ribs and glad that you are on the mend. You and your family should be eating good for a little bit with the two caribou.

    ReplyDelete